IDG Direct, Ireland
Business Development Executive
- This is a pre-sales role. I represent IDG services by making professional outgoing calls to prospective clients. I have to establish and maintain a professional conversation with IT Managers to identify their needs and next investments. The gathered information is required from our clients (Largest Tech Companies) and used in the next step of the sales process.
- My responsibilities include: Lead Generations, Gathering client details and Maintaining/Updating IDG database with accurate client details.
- I work in different markets and contact clients in French, English and Spanish: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain, Middle East and Africa.
- In this position, I have improved my communication skills in French and English. I have learned how to build and maintain a professional relationship with clients, and improved my Active Listening Skills.
- At IDG, I have completed a Certified Sales training. During this course, I have learned and put into practice, the most important concepts of the sales process.
- I was responsible for the installation and administration of a Wiki Web Application based on the MediaWiki engine.
- Extensive experience with the MediaWiki Engine:
- Administration of a Linux Server:
- Installation and configuration of a LAMP stack: Apache, MySQL, PHP.
Click here to see some examples of my work in Seismic modelling.
- As a Research Geophysicist I was responsible of ensuring the correct integration and implementation of geophysical applications into a computer cluster platform. This platform was being designed in order to facilitate task scheduling and run computation intensive tasks on clusters. One of my main activities was shell script programming for Seismic Modeling and Processing.
- My responsibilities include:
- Shell scripts programming for seismic data processing and modelling.
- Programming of Seismic Modelling/Processing Applications using MATLAB and Scilab.
- Task automation using Shell scripting.
- Simulations of seismic waves propagation: Wavefront and ray tracing.
- Generation of pre-stacked synthetic seismic data using wave propagation theories (raytracing and finite difference methods).
- 2D/3D Seismic data processing.
Seismic data processing analyst
- Demultiplexing, Reformatting (SEG -Y/SEG -D).
- Seismic data edition: Searchin for noisy, monofrequency and incorrect polarities traces.
- Geometrical spreading correction. Set-up of field geometry.
- Geometry QC.
- Application of field statics corrections, Deconvolution, trace balancing.
- CMP sorting, Velocity analysis, Residual statics corrections.
- NMO Correction, Muting, Stacking, Filtering.
- Filtering: Time-variant, band-pass.
- Post-stack/Pre-stack time and depth migration.
- As a Academic Assistant, I was in charge of collaborating with the lecture by teaching some modules of the Geophysical Engineering program at Simón Bolívar University. I was usually in charge of a group between 20 and 30 students during theoretical and practical activities.
- This experience has contributed to my professional development in two major areas:
- By teaching modules, I have solidified many technical geophysical knowledge.
- I have also developed communication and presentation skills, as well as the leadership strategies needed to manage a group of students and to transfer knowledge effectively.
- Seismic data processing: Concepts of discrete signal analysis, sampling, aliasing and discrete Fourier transform. Conventional seismic data processing sequence.
- Seismic methods: The convolutional model of the seismic trace. Propagation and attenuation of seismic waves. Interpretation of seismic sections.
- Seismic reservoir characterization: Relations between the acoustic impedance and the petrophysical parameters. Well-Seismic Ties. Seismic inversion and AVO.